Dapper’s two-factor authentication provides an additional layer of protection for your information, data, and digital assets. We highly encourage everyone to enable this feature for extra security.
You can enable your Dapper account's two-factor authentication (2FA) under the ‘Security’ section of the Dapper accounts app.
Please Note: As of May 14th, 2021, two-factor authentication (2FA) is required for all accounts as an additional layer of protection for your information, data, and digital assets.
1. On the Dapper platform, go to the Security section and select "2-step verification."
2. Enter the phone number you would like to use and click "Send verification code via text"
3. You should receive a six-digit verification with 10 minutes. Enter the code and click "Verify."
4. Once confirmed, you're all set! The next time you try to log in, you will be sent a new code and prompted to enter it to authorize the login.
If you are having issues receiving the text message, please try the following:
- Double-check that the phone number you entered is correct.
- If your device doesn't have a strong signal, you can try power cycling. Power your phone off, wait 30 seconds, power it back on, and resend the SMS request.
- If your device is currently set to "roaming," switch back to your provider's main network.
- For numbers originating from India, if your number is on the "Do Not Call" (DNC) Registry, you will not receive our SMS verification.
Note: If you need to use the "Resend my verification code" feature, space out your retries by 5-10 minutes, or else this could cause the SMS to get hung up.
Updated September 16, 2021.