What is an "intentionally overpriced Moment"?
- A Moment which, at our sole discretion, is purchased for a price clearly in excess of the fair market value of that Moment at the time of purchase. We recognize that Moments used in challenges and certain special serial numbers of Moments, including low serial numbers, carry a premium when determining fair market value, and factor this into our analysis. An example of purchasing an intentionally overprice Moment would be buying #42600 of a Jae Crowder #/60,000 Base Set Moment (with an average selling price of $2.91) for $17.
Does this policy affect Moment listings?
- No. For example, you may list any serial number of a Jae Crowder #/60,000 Base Set Moment for any price you wish. Note, however, that setting up and facilitating Moment sales above market value to friends or family is different, and a violation of our Terms of Service.
Does this mean I can't buy a special serial number Moment above the lowest ask?
- No. As an example, we would not consider the purchase of the #1 of a Jae Crowder #/60,000 Base Set Moment (with an average selling price of $2.91) for $1100 to be a purchase of an intentionally overpriced Moment.
Does this mean I can't buy a Moment a few dollars above the lowest ask to avoid the possibility of someone else purchasing the Moment before I can?
Does this mean I can't buy intentionally overpriced Moments from friends or family, or to support a special cause?
- Yes, the purchase of the NBA Top Shot Marketplace is for the global exchange of Moments at market prices.
What happens if one of my purchases is flagged for review?
- We may remove the Top Shot Score associated with the Moment during our review process.
What happens if an account's purchases are repeatedly found to be in violation of the Code of Conduct?
- For each violation, the Top Shot Score associated with the purchased Moment will be removed. For repeated violations, the account's Top Shot Score may be temporarily or permanently set to zero. Egregious violations may result in removal from the NBA Top Shot platform, without recourse.